This is my 12th year celebrating being a mom.
My husband and I welcomed our firstborn 11 months after we got married.
I was still 24.
Back then, I was so confused. I was trying to figure out my role as a wife and then being a mom. All I can remember is asking a lot of questions and learning a lot of things I did not know before.
This post, however, isn’t about my motherhood. It’s about my Mom.
One word to describe my Mom is R E S I L I E N T. She’s had many hardships and heartaches. But she didn’t give up. She didn’t give up hoping. She didn’t give up on love. I am very thankful for that. So here’s a way I’m going to celebrate my Mom by listing her qualities.
- Amazing Mezzo-Soprano (yup, she was a professional singer)
- Great baker
- Organized planner & task executioner (!)
- The term “Mama Hand” (a term describing grand portions when someone serves food or in giving) was made to describe her. She makes things in commercial proportions
- Corky funny
- A never-give-up-er
- She raises her voice when she gets upset so you will hear her
- Can design and make most intricate dresses
- Funny, in her own way
- Has a way to calm my spirit when I’m distressed
Mom, you are a great lady, and I am so honored to be taught by you. Being a parent isn’t easy at all and you did your very best. I will take your best and show it to our kids. I’m learning to love you more as I get older.
I love you & thank God for you.